INTRODUCTION

Where to begin? It was a dark and stormy night...  (Snoopy).  No. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...  ...

Sunday, June 23, 2019

The Thin Blue ride - Part 2 Day 14 - Pollock, ID (Rest Day)

Ride Report: None (Rest Day - Stupid mountains.)

The ill intent of the previously disparaged and much maligned mountains aside, it was still a great day.  It started off sleeping late, which is a bit easier to do now that we're back on mountain time.  Stupid mountains.  They even have a time zone under their control.

Anyway - after sleeping late here...
Just thought it had been a while since The Rig had gotten some screen time.  She was gettin jealous.  But it really is a nice location for an RV Park.  Right along the Little Salmon River which Delta and I followed down to the Park yesterday.


And shortly after getting outside it was time to do what will become a Rest Day ritual. - wash and lube the bikes.  The boys both needed a bath.  Delta is such a whiner.  He doesn't like water in his cranks.  What a baby.

Then it was time for LUNCH!
Yes readers, that's right.  I ate my lunch sideways.   Forget that.  It's really about the Mac and Cheese.  And lest we forget to mention it, that's a brat there beside all the yellow stuff.  This is how I know Susan loves me.  And yes, I know that I can edit the pic and rotate it to align correctly on the page.  It just takes so long to download the pics here in the RV park that I decided to go with it.  Oh - and note the chocolate cake in the plastic container in the background.  It will figure prominently later in the post.


Then comes what rest days are designed for: rest.  The reader may recall a similar pic from last week's rest day in Prineville, OR.  Note the improved napping technique on display in this shot.  (A) Instead of lying crossways on the recliner I am now aligned properly for better support of my spine and legs.  (B) I had Susan cover me with a blanket.  I anticipate continued improvement.  Next week I'll move up to having her pull the handle on the recliner for me.  Unless she tries to charge me union rates, in which case I'll do it myself.  I'm not helpless y'know.


After the nap it was time to go sit by the Little Salmon River.  Watching a fast flowing river is like watching a fire - mesmerizing.


Susan took this one.


I then took this pano of the river.  It wasn't till I downloaded the pic for the blog that I realized we were sitting at a bend in the river.


After dinner there was this...
Prominent...


And finally there is this...
I took this shot when I wandered out while Susan was making dinner.  I couldn't believe how beautiful it was.


It's not every day a guy can catch a shot like that in the laundry room of the RV park.  Which is where we have to go to get service.  Speaking of which...

When Susan made the reservation the guy told her they had both 3g and 4g networks in the park with one at each end of the park.  Perfect - except that our spot is in the middle of the park where there is NO service.  But Susan figured it out while I was down in the laundry room (where there is service) working on the today's post.  She just walked right in, told me she'd sent me a text and left.  Then I got the text.  No problem.  I'm tellin ya, that girl is one smart cookie.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment