INTRODUCTION

Where to begin? It was a dark and stormy night...  (Snoopy).  No. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...  ...

Saturday, October 5, 2019

The Thin Blue Ride - Part 3 Day 27 - Glen Carbon, IL

Saturday, October 5th, 2019

Drive Report: None - We goofed off with Tim & Glynda Gasser all day.

This is a quick pic of The Rig at T&G's place - it's final layover before reaching MHK on Sunday.  It was a slow morning, which fits Susan and I just right.  As an added bonus, Glynda made pancakes.  I like Glynda - just don't tell her.


In the afternoon T&G took us on a tour of local areas of interest.  This was our first stop.  Given my prior life at RCPD, they thought of this.  Perfect!  Unfortunately, they were closed.  Not perfect!


So it was on to the next donut place.  These are some really good friends - no?  I wanted the t-shirt from this one, so in we went.


The shirt below and to the right of the bank robber mask is the one I was after.  Unfortunately, the only size they had left was 2X.  Odd - one would think those would be the first to go at a donut shop.  Even more problematic, Susan was intrigued with the bank robber ski mask.  Given the proclivities she demonstrated at Plymouth (see Part 3 Day 13), I left.  I don't want to have to testify.  


When I saw that the town with these shops was named after a pastry, I wasn't surprised.  I'm pretty sure they call those leclaires.  It's French - who knows...


Then they took me to a place where I could pick out my own steak for grilling tonight.  WOW!  I need to come here more often.


And the same place sold THESE!  Unfortunately, after being treated so shabbily by the Hostess legal department, I've sworn off anything from Hostess.  Regardless of whether its heaven in a cellophane wrapper or not.


And they were on such a roll.  I didn't know T&G were closet vegetable consumers.  What a pity...


Us with Tim and Glynda.  Tim is the tall one.  Friends are friends, now matter the years, the distance or the frequency with which you see to see each other.  Even if they do eat vegetables.

We head home tomorrow.  It'll be a big day - the post for which may show up a day late given the time we expect to reach MHK.  We'll just have to see.

Till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment