INTRODUCTION

Where to begin? It was a dark and stormy night...  (Snoopy).  No. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...  ...

Saturday, April 13, 2019

TEXAS TEST FLIGHT - DAY 23 (Final Texas Blog)

Ride report: None as it was a planned travel day from Wichita, KS to Downs, KS...

So, this is pretty much the end of the line for the Texas Test Flight series.  I’ll post additional blogs, but likely as The Thin Blue Ride approaches.  That was kinda the plan all along, post when I actually have something to say.  For me that’s more frequent than not, but we’ve got plenty to do in the run-up for The Thin Blue Ride.  Hope this doesn’t disappoint (Actually - that’s a lie.  It would stoke my ego if it did disappoint.) But regardless, the reader will notice from this point until around May 22nd that the number of posts drop off.  Let the reader be warned.

This doesn’t, of course, mean that I don’t have anything to post today.  But most of what I have is linked directly to pics.  So, let us get to the point at hand...

So, last night Susan is browsing the interweb (the whole thing apparently) and stumbles across this.  Not sure what sort of Google search one asks for to find this, but here it is none-the-less.  For the record, I saw only one snake on the entire trip.  Though I didn't mention it in the blog for the day, I saw about an 18 inch snake in the low water crossing the day I took an unplanned bath.  It caused me no alarm and swam off laughing.  As events transpired, I didn't believe it merited attention.


As we're pulling out of the RV Park this morning to head for Downs, I noticed this.  Its not every day that one runs across a golf cart with a roof rack.  Hey - this was a high class place.


Speaking of high class place, we were passed by this on the road between Wichita and Salina.

It turned into this...
Holy crap!  This thing took 5 minutes to get past us.  I'm not sure what's in that trailer, but its as long as the motorhome, which probably was in the neighborhood of 45 feet.  Since most people with a motorhome this large also tow a vehicle for every day use, I was left to conclude that these people are NHRA types who keep their top fuel dragster in it.  Make for a quick trip to the grocery store, me thinks.


Kansas wildflowers.  They haven't apparently had time to spray em yet.  We also call em weeds in these parts.


Some may have wondered why we're going to Downs rather than Manhattan - our home base. Turns out, its for no less auspicious an occasion than the 88th birthday of Susan’s Dad - Howard.  See pic below...


Kinda a big deal, tons of relatives coming in, lotsa food, you know the drill.

Oh - I almost forgot.  My sister Deanna was the winner of the birthday cake quiz.  It was a spirited competition with three readers having the correct response.  Hers was first.  I'm disappointed that the other 6 of you couldn't figure it out. The answer is that the M&Ms were my age.  Blue ones for decades and all the others for years - 59.

As promised, she wins 100 internet bonus points.  I've made special arrangements with Amazon and all that's necessary to redeem them during her next Amazon purchase is to enter the appropriate promotional code.  I also talked Amazon into using my initials - BS.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment